Listing of great events around the USA
Researching genealogy and family histories are exciting activities. Equally thrilling are the research results coming to life in the form of podcasts, blogs, puzzles, articles, affirmations, proclamations, presentations, stage plays, films, clothing and other expressions of our ancestors’ rich legacies.
Here’s a partial listing of the Black History Month programs, activities and other recognitions throughout the United States:
- My home chapter of African American Genealogy has a free offering.
- In the Pacific Northwest, there are deep connections with historical events.
- Stay where you are and create, says Adobe.
- In Medina, Ohio, the events are enriching via its public library.
- A descendant of President Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings hosts a discussion at Virginia Commonwealth University. It promises to be engaging.
- Suburban Chicago has an extensive listing of events.
- Read all about it in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania with this super real article. The Good Genes Genealogy Services team can relate to how this genealogist felt when discovering her family ancestry.
- Tulsa, Oklahoma is ripe with great programs. Check it out.
- Virtual experiences abound at the Smithsonian Museum.
- Good Genes Genealogy Services offers a hands-on, virtual series of workshops with the proceeds benefiting Hillside International Truth Center. Learn how to move your research into multi-media productions, products and services. The bonus is the honoring of our ancestors with an in-person circle of release and love. See below to register.
How to attend and be present for the future
- Remember to bring along a notepad, whether electronic or paper. My youngest son brings his Braille notetaker.
- Listen to the genealogy and ancestry points of information that relate to your current and future research.
- Ask questions and make comments about what matters to you. At one of my recent online seminars, a participant asked that I return to former slides to review the listing of great resources for genealogy research.
- Provide feedback to the event host. The feedback and especially the recommendations for topics of future topics, remain important to event hosts.
- Relax and release so that you may enjoy and learn from every activity and program.